UPSSSC Lekhapal is a group C level Post of Uttar Pradesh Government. whose main duties are to keep a record of agricultural land, consolidation, making certificates, Village revenue records, village land records and removing possession from the lands, etc. A Upsssc Lekhpal also known as an Accountant Officer in Uttar Pradesh.
What is Upsssc Lekhpal | What are the duties of a Lekhpal?
UPSSSC Lekhpal is a Group C-level employee of UP. Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission conducts UPSSSC Lekhpal recruitment.
A Lekhpal is a government official in India who is responsible for maintaining land records and revenue collection in a specific geographic area. Their duties typically include:
- Updating and maintaining land records, including land ownership, boundaries, and measurements.
- Assessing and collecting taxes and fees related to land ownership and use.
- Resolving disputes over land ownership and boundaries.
- Maintaining accurate records of all transactions and revenue collected.
- Providing information and assistance to members of the public regarding land records and revenue collection.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the government or local authorities.
A Upsssc Lekhpal Earns 2000 grade pay and about 25000 INR. per month. Finally, there are 2 types of Lekhpal.
- Rajasva Lekhpal
- Chakbandi Lekhpal
What is the difference between Chakbandi Lekhpal and Rajasva Lekhpal?
Chakbandi Lekhpal and Rajasva Lekhpal are two different positions in the revenue administration of Uttar Pradesh, India. While both positions are related to maintaining land revenue records.
The major difference between Chakbandi Lekhpal and Rajasva Lekhpal are as follows:
- Responsibilities: Chakbandi Lekhpal is responsible for maintaining land records and carrying out the division of agricultural land. They are responsible for maintaining and updating records related to land revenue, land ownership, and the distribution of land among farmers. Rajasva Lekhpal, on the other hand, is responsible for maintaining revenue records and ensuring the collection of revenue from landowners and farmers.
- Job Role: The role of Chakbandi Lekhpal is primarily related to land division and maintenance of land records, whereas the role of Rajasva Lekhpal is focused on revenue collection and maintenance of revenue records.
- Selection process: The selection process for both positions is different. Chakbandi Lekhpal is selected through a written exam conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC), followed by an interview. Rajasva Lekhpal, on the other hand, is selected through a written exam conducted by the Revenue Department, followed by a personal interview.
- Salary and Pay Scale: The salary and pay scale for both positions are different
In summary, Chakbandi Lekhpal and Rajasva Lekhpal are two different positions in the revenue administration of Uttar Pradesh, with different responsibilities, job roles, selection processes, and salary structures.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Age Limit & Age Relaxation
Candidates who have a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 40 years, can fill their form for Upsssc Lekhpal Upcoming Examination.
|Min. Age||18 Years|
|Max. Age||40 Years|
Note:- The reserved candidates will be given age relaxation as per the rules of the Uttar Pradesh government.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Eligibility
Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission has set the following qualifications details for the post of Upsssc Lekhpal. To be eligible for the UPSSSC Lekhpal exam, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years, and the maximum age limit is 40 years. Age relaxations are applicable for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the Intermediate examination or its equivalent from a recognized board along with the UPSSSC PET Exam.
- CCC Exam: Having a valid CCC certificate provided by the DOEACC Society (NIELIT).
- Domicile: The candidate must be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Language Proficiency: The candidate must have basic knowledge of Hindi.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria may change based on the notification released by the UPSSSC Commission. Therefore, it is advisable to check the official notification before applying for the UPSSSC Lekhpal exam.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Selection Process
UP Lekhpal Selection Process is fully based on written examinations. therefore, UPSSSC conducts an objective-type mcq-based exam, approximately 4 or 6 months after the online application. UPSSSC conducts this examination at the various cities of Uttar Pradesh. So, the UPSSSC informs all the candidates about the examination center and place through the admit card. The UPSSSC Commission releases the answer key about 2 or 3 days after the written examination.
Then Commission directs the candidates to lodge an objection for incorrect answers to the questions and within a few days issue the revised answer key. As a result, a merit list prepares with cut-off marks, and the final result is released. Finally, the selected candidates are called for document verification and provided them appointment letters.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Salary & Grade Pay
The UP government has increased the salaries of Lekhpal astonishingly, as a result of which Lekhpal is getting more salary, allowances, and government facilities than before.
The government had made a provision of Rs 20 crore in the budget of 2016-17 to provide laptop and data cards to the Lekhpals and also increased the petrol allowance and stationery allowance for government work.
A UPSSSC Lekhpal gets the following salary and grade pay, as per the Seventh Pay Commission.
UPSSSC Chakbandi Lekhpal Salary | UPSSSC Rajasva Lekhpal Salary
For your kind information, I will Provide you Upsssc Cakbandi & Rajasva Lekhpal Salary details with grade pay for your best knowledge.
|Post Name||Grade Pay||Pay-Scale|
|Chakbandi Lekhpal||₹2000||₹21,700 – 69,100|
UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam Pattern
UPSSSC Lekhpal Written Examination is fully based on objective-type multiple-choice questions. In this exam, 100 objective-type questions are asked, which gives a total time of 120 minutes to solve. The questions asked in the Lekhpal exam are of 10 + 2 level and there is also a provision of negative marking for each wrong answer.
UP Lekhpal Written Exam Pattern:
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge with |
|Village Society & Development||25||25|
|Time Duration||120 Minutes for||100 Questions|
UPSSSC Lekhpal Online Application Fees
Here, I will provide you Upsssc Lekhpal Online Application Fees details for various categories.
|Category||Online Application Fees|
UPSSSC Lekhpal Syllabus
UPSSSC has prescribed a syllabus for the Lekhpal exam, which is as follows.
1 – General Hindi
Under general Hindi, questions are asked from the candidates, related to knowledge, understanding, and writing ability of Hindi language These questions are of Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Council or equivalent examination level.
2 – General Knowledge with Computer Basics
Under this section, the candidates are asked questions related to general information related to the environment and their usefulness in society, current affairs, historical, geographical, and economic related to India and the world, basic questions of computers, etc.
3 – General Mathematics
Under this section, the candidates are asked questions related to the number system, percentage, profit loss, statistics, classification of facts, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency, LCM and HCF, triangle, and Questions related to the Pythagoras theorem. All these questions are of Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Council or equivalent examination level.
4 – Village Society & Development
Under this section, the candidates are asked questions related to Village development programs, village health schemes, land reforms, all schemes of the central government and state government under government schemes, important facts related to rural areas, nature of Indian agriculture, etc.
Upsssc Lekhpal Hindi Syllabus Click Here
Best Books for Lekhpal Exam 2023
If you want to succeed in the UP Lekhpal recruitment exam then you will need some important books. These books are also a better guide for preparing for the Lekhpal recruitment written examination. Therefore, we are providing you a list of names and authors of important books related to the UP Lekhpal recruitment exam. You can buy these books online or from your nearest bookstore.
List of Best Books for Lekhpal Exam
|Book’s Name||Writer/Publisher’s Name|
|Uttar Pradesh Gram Samaj |
& Vikas 2019
|Agrawal ExamCart Experts|
|Samanya Hindi||Onkar Nath Verma and |
For more details Click Here
UPSSSC Lekhpal Previous Year Question Paper
UPSSSC Lekhpal Previous Year Question Papers are the best way to prepare for the Upcoming Exam. hence, the candidates appearing in the UP Lekhpal recruitment exam can download the old question papers from the link given below for their best preparation.
For UP Lekhpal Previous Year Papers Click Here.
UP Lekhpal Previous Year cutoff
Last year’s cut-off marks of the UP Lekhpal exam are very important for the candidates appearing in the upcoming exams. Through these cut-off marks, we get to know the minimum marks required to pass the exam. Ultimately, on this basis, the aspirants guess their selection.
So, I will Provide you Up Lekhpal last year’s cutoff marks details for the best preparation for your dream job.
UP Lekhpal Category-Wise Cut off Marks 2015
UPSSSC Lekhpal Upcoming Vacancy
Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission has announced notifications for the Lekhpal Upcoming Vacancy. Interested candidates read the full notification before applying online.
For More Info. Click Here